Chicken Bone Marrow Broth
Add the dumplings and this dish is similar to Kreplach.
We made Hoisin chicken legs before. Now we get to use the leftover bones.
- 10 bones chicken legs cracked in half
- 1 tsp Kosher salt more or less as desired
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper more or less as desired
- 1 handful chopped, fresh dill
- 1 carrot sliced
- 3 quarts water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 ea potato and onion pierogies
Cut the chicken legs in half. Use a rubber hammer to bang the knife down to cut the bone if necessary.
Put the bones in the pot with the water and lemon juice and simmer covered for 4 hours and uncovered for 2 hours.
Strain the contents into a second pot. Add the carrots. Simmer one hour longer.
During the last 10 minutes, add the dumplings.
When the dumplings are floating, add the fresh dill. Adjust the seasonings.
Stir and serve.
This is the best stock you will ever make. It revitalizes and just plain tastes good.